Senlyn PWI PainCakes Guild
Hi Welcome to the PainCakes Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Hi Welcome to the PainCakes Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motto: I'M ABOUT TO SERVE YOU SOME PAINCAKES, HOLD THE CAKES.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Human Wizard / Mage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

Human Wizard / Mage Empty
PostSubject: Human Wizard / Mage   Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Human Wizard / Mage Draft_lens2119657module39490232photo_1247983274WIzMage
Wizards (Mages) are the main ranged magic dps in the game. They use magic weapons and cast very strong spells. They have low hp and physical defense however and most of their spells take a long time to cast. This makes it a bit hard for pvp. At low levels it does not seem that they do any more damage than a werefox, though at higher levels they do massive amounts of damage, though their spells take a lot of mana to cast. Their main stats are Int and Con, and enough Str to wear armor.
Back to top Go down
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Human Wizard / Mage   Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

2.) Wizard - Just as the name implies, specializes in magic damage and uses magic weapons

Pros

a.) Highest skill damage.

b.) Best magic defense in the game.

c.) Can use elemental shields to protect from certain elements.

d.) Can heal, although relatively slow at it

Cons

a.) Very low physical defense

b.) Not good vs a Cleric

c.) Low HP

d.) Slow Casting
Back to top Go down
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

PostSubject: How to kick butt    Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:54 pm

What in you opinion is the best way to kick some butt as a wizard?

Playing as an ranged player (archer)... i like to get the surprised attack in. Not a big fan of duels, since i have to be right next to them to challenge. And the few second count down doesn't give me enough time to take advantage of my max range. especiall when they run after me.

max out magic. your pretty much gonna do insane dmg.

you can' kick butt' as a wiz by spamming spells, but you kinda also get your butt smashed because of wizards low hp.......just increase int and str all the way

Wizards = Low HP + High MP Requirement
Wizards are good, but they have so many requirements (MP, Spirit (Spells), Coin)

if you play your wizard right you can kill everyone but a wb because they have to much hp, but they can't kill you either because of their low attack so, don't bother with them

I recommend topping your magic the most so you can keep upgrading better weapons for extra attack but don't neglect your vit. Spare a few for the rest too otherwise you'll still suffer bad in physical fights unless you can kill them easily within two or three hits. Physical attack is usually not at all important but physical defence, compared, certainately is. At the beginning you might want to work on your physical defence because it'll be a while before you'll fight any magic casting monsters and being a wizard wearing mostly high magic defence armour you naturally should already have very high magic defence.

So basically to kick ass - work on your magic attack and then your physical defence most.

Back to top Go down
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

PostSubject: Question for Wizards    Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Can anyone that is a Wizard tell me what is the best reason to be a Wizard and what is the disadvantages?

Weak as hell. Low HP and physical defense.

Strong as hell. High magic defense and you always get first hit at least by casting magic at a distance even against aggros unless they stray near you and start attacking first.

If you can kill things in less than 3 hits you won't need any healing because usually by the time they can attack you've already killed them.

Wizards in most games are characterized as physically weak, magically potent. PW is no different there. However, a wizard in PW is not as strong as the wizards in most games. Their damage does not offset their very long channel time at all. They're not a popular class and most people would even say they suck. Pretty much everything a wizard can do, other classes can do better. DD = archers, healing = clerics, tanking magic bosses = robe/light support clerics and venomancer pets, zhen = easily replaced by another archer, and so on. They can do a lot of things, but they're not really the best at anything. At level 89 and 99 they do get a lot better, but so does every other class. Razz

However.. wizards have a lot of skills, and many of them have effects that in combination with each other can be used to achieve many different things. Stuff like slow (doesn't work as potently on flying players), blind, knockback (doesn't work in pvp), damage over time, seal, half magic/physical damage, lots of AoEs, and eventually they can stun. It's not your stand and spam a single button class; you need these things. So if you like casters, but don't want to stand and spam a single skill to level up (like a caster veno does), and would like more challenge than a cleric, that would be when you pick wizard. xd That, and if you like backstabbing people in PK or watching a huge group of squishier builds die all at once in a territory war to one of your AoEs (level 60+).

The best reasons to go Wizard are: The damage, and the animations.

Disadvantages I can think of:

Low HP - Either, you follow a Pure or an Light Armor build, your HP will be low, making you very vulnerable and being able to be killed with just a few hits. It starts being annoying at the beggining, but the more you level, the more the problem starts to being reduced, as you get equipment with +HP, or you start using HP shards, etc. And at high levels, 89+, you can get a pretty decent amount of HP refinning your items.

Low Physical Defense - This most likely just applied to the Pure build, since the Light Amor build is able to get a really good amount of physical defense with Stone Barrier. The Pure build is able to get a decent amount of it, once it starts refining equipment.

PvP - In the early PvP, like from Level 30 up to 50 or maybe 60. Wizard's are an easy killeable class (unless you got very good equipment), making it difficult for them to be good at PvP in the low-mid levels. But the higher level they get, the better they do at it. (NOTE: This is just at PvP, at TW they start shinning since level 40 or so).

Getting a different role - By this, I mean that, there're many times when in a party, a Wizard will be ask to do the "healer" role. This kind of botters many Wizard's, so I consider it a disadvantage.

Advantages
Different Elemental Damage
Strong Magic
Cool Skill
Can level up without using charms (meditate save money)

Disadvantages
Slow casting time
Healing sucks badly
Weak Def
Low HP

Meditating? O.o I don't know why you'd wanna pick that over charms on a wizard. My 6k MP is gone in about 1.5-2%, and there's a heal spell for hp. Sure, you can stack on mp regen [I do that when I can't find mp charms for sale; people sell cheaper than gold trade for those].. but it slows you down a lot.. I still run out of mp every 3-4% doing that. Wizards are no less reliant on mp charms than clerics. O.o Their charms can last longer though (especially when zhenning).

Morning Dew doesn't suck that bad lol. It fully heals you and makes a good backup heal for bosses that hit your tank hard when you can't find a 2nd cleric. By knowing when to use it you can eliminate the need for hp potions.. but it's still recommended to have an hp charm for pk/pvp and if you get critted/aggro'd.

light armor and hp build.. very hard to kill but lower damage output

hard to lvl the first 50 lvls but gets a bit easier after that,
we can sneak upon players an kill them before they had the chance to hit a bit and the armour looks really cool with females

Wizards are pretty self sufficient and work well in party.They got the heal and if you kite the monsters properly you won't need to heal too much.

Back to top Go down
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

PostSubject: Armor & stat allocation   Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

2 main builds to choose from

Light Armor: 1str/1dex/3mag every level. If you plan to be white named (pk mode) a lot, then it's a decent choice. It does reduce your effectiveness in the PvE portion of things, but you won't die as much. Good mostly between 60-90 due to things like TT and dragon temple.

Arcane: 9mag/1str every 2 levels. Put another way, 5 mag on even levels and 4 mag, 1 str on odd levels. Makes the early game go faster and late game the magic difference is pretty high. Recommended if you will be strictly PvE. You'll have to be more careful with this build.

There is no real "clear winner" between these 2 builds. Different people will say both builds are good for TW for different reasons. You can really pick either one but keep in mind that no matter what, wizards take skill, attention, and cultivation to be good.

I'm an almost 70 pure wiz with no intention of changing. I'm primarily PvE and I enjoy the increased damage over the typical LA. Don't need to spike mobs, and I dont get hit much anyway. Plus, most mobs at this level are magic anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

PostSubject: Best accessories and soulgems for Wizard?    Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm

What should Wizards aim for in terms of accessories and soulgems? Some people have said that armor (arms, chest, legs) gives enough elemental protection so that any more from necklaces, belts, and soulgems would be a waste. Do people agree with that? Should Wizards instead aim for Physical Defense or HP instead?

Wizards should aim for items that give you more mp, magic attack, or int

I think you may end up with a lot of various opinions on this subject, so I'll throw in mine...

For a Wizard I would use HP gems. Preferably ones that give you 20 or more HP per soulgem infused. I learned quickly as a pure INT Wizard and now a pure INT Cleric that soulgems are very much capable of giving you the HP you have lost via being pure rather than a CON build. I don't recall exactly - but I gain around 500HP with my equips, with many of them being 2 socket items, allowing me to pump myself with HP gems.

I have the benefits of the high damage from being pure whilst not lacking in the HP department, either.

HP Gems. Because they give you the most benefit out of all the others, specially when you start refining your equipment at higher levels.

It actually depends on your build. If you're a LA, definitely go hp all the way because your pdef is going to be great with your earth barrier. In terms of belts and necklaces, you're free to choose between elemental resistance and pdef.

A pure mag isn't so simple as that because the only pdef related buff requires that they have a reasonable amount to begin with to really do much. Since you're on a PvE server, it's a bit simpler though and you don't have to fuss with keeping pdef up as much. I would say if it's something small like 25 hp vs 26 pdef, take the pdef. In larger amounts, take the hp. Definitely recommended to aim for pdef belts and necklaces though.

If you want to know what it ends up looking like if aim for both equally:
Buffed by myself and a BM only (just the pdef buff), I have about 2.3k pdef and 1.6k hp at level 55. I'm an arcane robe user with 5 vit.

Of course +mag is great for both, but I wouldn't bother with mp. o_O You have a self buff that increases it by a percentage anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Human Wizard / Mage   Human Wizard / Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Human Wizard / Mage
Page 1 of 1