Senlyn PWI PainCakes Guild
Hi Welcome to the PainCakes Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Hi Welcome to the PainCakes Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motto: I'M ABOUT TO SERVE YOU SOME PAINCAKES, HOLD THE CAKES.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Rare Pet Camping Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hot_Kitty
Admin
Admin
Hot_Kitty

My Rare Pet Camping Guide Empty
PostSubject: My Rare Pet Camping Guide   My Rare Pet Camping Guide Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi, I'm Oceiot from Heaven's Tear server and this is for all the people out there who wonder how some people can catch a pet in less then 4 seconds. I can't say I'm the best rare pet catcher, but I am pretty decent (I think)

Anyways lets start with, What are rare pets?
Rare pets are mobs that spawn every 12 hours. So if you tamed a rare pet like a Tabby Plumdrop at 7:58 AM, then it will respawn at 7:58 PM. An exception to this rule is the snowhare. It respawns every hour (Not exactly an hour though) Most venomancers will tell you that a snowhare respawns at every hour, they are WRONG. I was camping snowhares and I brought a stopwatch with me. The snowhare actually respawns every hour and 10 seconds (Doesn't make a big difference though, thought you might want to know) Also, the time is reset every time there is a maintenance or when the server shuts down IE: Daylight savings time they shut the server down to move the clock forward, now the rare pets will spawn 5 hours after they shut it down, same with the maintenance, if the maintenance ends at 3, the mob will spawn at 8.

Now, onto the second question; What pets are counted as rare, and where do they spawn?
Shaudo Cub-Lvl 20 (Little white polar bear)
Coordinates-200,452 and 288, 458
Tabby Plumdrop-Lvl 20 (Little brown cat)
Coordinates-362, 690 and 397, 691
Windwalking Piggy-Lvl 30 (Pig that flys with its enormously huge ears)
Coordinates-400, 642 Altitude 34
SnowHare-Lvl 20 (Little white bunny)
Coordinates-500, 1007 and 469, 921
TreeFrog-Lvl 9 (Medium sized green frog)
240, 555 and 196, 513
Cuddly Pup-Lvl 40 (Small brown dog)
315, 753 and 299, 764
Kowlin-Lvl 60 (The big panther wearing armor)
462, 427
Armored Bear-Lvl 80 (The big polar bear wearing armor)
672, 633
Now, I'm not saying that these rare pets will spawn EXACTLY on these coordinates, but the will be spawning around them. Just look in the direction of these points and when the mob spawns it will be on your screen , might be just a little off though. If I'm wrong about any of these cords, please correct me and don't beat me up

Question 3a, How do I make all class baby pets?
Simple, go to Mrs. Zoologist at the very South-East of archosaur (There is another Zoologist, but he's underwater on the east side of archosaur, South-East of the boatman). Talk to her and she will have many options. Learn pet skills, forget pet skills, buy pet skills, etc. etc. Now I forgot which option it was, but it should bring you to a screen with a bunch of pets. Click on one of them IE: the snowhare. On the bottom it will have a picture of an egg and thats a snowhare egg. You will need 5 of these+100k to make a baby snowhare. 8 Frog eggs for the frog, 10 for the tabby, 2 shaudo and 2 armored for a cub etc.

Question 3b, What do all class baby pets so?
These pets are for every class. Unfortunately, the pets don't attack or help you in any way. In a sense, it is a status symbol, if someone has a baby cub then you know they are rich, or they have rich friends. You don't have to feed these pets either. There is one reason someone might have a baby elysium fowl, and that is they are TWing and they want their fowls to hide them so the enemy can't target them.

On to question 4, How do those people channel so FAST?!?
Well, the answer is Windrage Incense. It's a LvL 45 powder/herb/pot/Whatever it is. You make this with the level 3 apothecary skill. The herbs you will need are Fleece-Flower Root and Elecampane. The amount you need are 20 Fleece-Flower Root and 15 Elecampane. Elecampane has a Lvl 20 requisite to harvest while Fleece-Flower Root has a Lvl 40 requisite.
So, what those Windrage Incense do anyway? It decreases your channeling speed by 1/2 for 5 seconds. When these venomancers use them, a blue light surrounds them. If you see this happen, but there is no mob, you are looking in the wrong direction, Turn your screen and you will see the mob.
Also, some other items that may be used are -3% or -6% or -9% channeling gear. These only appear on items with the blue names, and it is very rare. Costs around 100k-300k for a -3% and millions for -6% and -9% gear. These bonuses will only appear on Weapons, Sleeves, Rings, Necklaces, and Belts. There is an exception however. Someone may have rank IV and they have robe of the mirage master I believe. It gives the wearer -3% or -6% can't remember >.<, but you need 5k rep so don't count on getting it anytime soon.

Question 5, "How do I find out rare pet spawn times without having to wait hours on end?"
This is easy, but it only works if there is a server maintenance. We all know that every rare pet spawns 5 hours after a server maintenance is completed and 12 hours after it is caught/killed. So, when the GMs post a thread onto the general discussion forum saying there will be server maintenance tonight, then you can easily find out the time tomorrow. The next day, after maintenance is done, go and read the thread. Look for a post made by either Xarfox or eatwithspoons, and check what time that post was made. The post you are looking for should say something like: "Server maintenance is complete." Now the time that the post was made should be on the top, like this post says "My Rare Pet Camping Guide - 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM". You should look for a time like that. Now you know what time the servers came back up ^^. Hurray! just add 5 hours onto the post time, IE: The post time is 01:18 AM or something like that. Add 5 hours so it is 06:18 AM and you have the rare pet spawn time. Remember posts are always made in server time, which is PST. Go to the homepage on the PW site and there is a clock on the right side. That is the server time. Add or subtract your current time and find out what your time is compared to server time, like 8pm here is 5pm server time. Apply that to the post time 06:18 AM (I'm doing this in EST) and the spawn time should be 09:18 AM, BUT you should assume that Xarfox/eatwithspoons didn't post it on the exact time that the server came up. Head to the spawn point 15 minutes earlier just in case. So now the time you should be at a spawn point is 09:03 AM.

Another FAQ: "Are these cords for all the servers, do all pets spawn at the same time?"
The answer to your questions are yes. The cords apply to all the servers, all rare pets spawn at the same time even though DW and HL are EST while LC HT and Sanc are PST.

Here are some helpful tips to catch rare pets. To catch a rare pet it is all about your reflex and luck. I put my Windraged Incense on 3 and my tame pet on 5. I suggest you zoom out the most you can, so you have a larger field of vision. If you have a 16 inch laptop like I do, that is an advantage too. Also, if you think your hotkeys are too big and are getting in your way, Hold alt and click "H". Now when you see the mob (let's use a Shaudo Cub) click 3. Hold shift so you can click past all the other venomancers who may be blocking the Shaudo Cub, click the shaudo cub and click 5. if you didnt see any other venomancers glow blue, then you probably got it first. Now, whoever is dealing damage to the Shaudo Cub, will see it, and their pet will hit it once or twice, by then it should have less then half life. This greatly improves your chance. Your Tame should finish and Congratz, the cub is yours. However, If you do happen to see it first, but it spawned far away from you, your character will have to run towards the cub which will cause you to lose a lot of time. By then the veno that is closest to it will begin casting and it will be theirs. Catching a rare pet is about luck and reflex.
Second scenario; there is no venomancer to deal damage upon the cub. Call your pet, move onto the coordinate IE: 200, 452 and click the hold button for your pet. Now run back to wherever you think is a good spot to see everything. Put your pet on auto attack, the picture with eyes and a mouth that is open, and wait for the cub to spawn. When it spawns, click 3, hold shift, click the cub, then press 5. Your pet will auto attack it, and when you finish casting, your pet should nearly have killed it and it will be yours (unless someone tamed before you)

Now, this is the snowhare catching part of my guide.
Forget what I said about everything being reflex and luck. With the snowhare if you click to fast you will fail because the snowhare won't be weakened thoroughly yet (Unless your using a 40+ damage dealer) try to ask for the damage dealing pets Lvl and if it below lvl 30, try to tame the snowhare second. If it is above Lvl 38, try to tame it first. While catching snowhares, NO ONE emphasis on the NO ONE, will be using channeling powder/herbs/whatever you call it. It will be a waste of a Windraged Incense if you were to use it on a snowhare. They may have -3% channeling gear, but thats about it. If you are Lvl 40 and you have a Lvl 40 snowhare/cub/frog/tabby this will be EXTREMELY easy for you. You don't have to hold your pet, and tell every veno there that your pet will deal the damage, Put your pet on automatic attack, and go right in front of the coordinate point. IE: You are catching the bunny at 500, 1007, stand directly next to it (I like standing on the west side and look eastward). Now when the snowhare appears, theres not likely going to be too much competition so, no need to hold shift. Click the snowhare and click tame as fast as you can. If you miss the first click spam it until you see the snowhare health bar on the top of your screen. Now click tame. Your pet will automatically attack and if it is Lvl 40 like I told you to have it, the hare will have about a cm of life left. This greatly increases your chance of taming and it will be yours. I have caught 26 snowhares in 3 days, using this strategy ^.^ Well I hope you like this guide, Leave any corrections and what not for me .

This guide was last updated on 08-08-09

P.S. This guide will probably never get updated again because I quit and moved on to another game. It was really fun while it lasted PW, have a good one.
Back to top Go down

My Rare Pet Camping Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Senlyn PWI PainCakes Guild :: Game Related :: All Other Game Guides-
Jump to: